So you don’t have a 4×4 utility ATV for your ATV camping adventure. With rising cost of living and the economy, a brand new 4×4 utility ATV can put a dent in your financial budget. So save up to 95% off and buy a second-hand ATV.
Every month across the United States, thousands of ATVs and UTVs are seized by different government agencies (IRS, DEA, FBI), police departments and banks and auctioned off to the public at unbelievable rock-bottom prices. These deals are only available at a Repossessed ATV Auction.
There are also many good used utility ATVs for sale, some with warranties, in all sizes and this lets you get your hands on a nice ATV without straining your budget.
ATVs For Sale On eBay
Utility 4×4 ATVs For Sale on eBay
Kelley Blue Book and NADA Blue Book ATV Values
Kelly Blue Book (KBB) and the NADA both lists ATV, UTV and four wheeler prices under the motorcycle section. Mileage, condition and specifications need to be considered to get an accurate value of an ATV or UTV. When looking at ATVs for sale always look to these two sources for the current value of the unit you are interested in.
eBay Buying Tips
Yes, buying a ATV (or dirtbike) off of eBay seems a little scary, but we have some tips that may help save you time and make a successful transaction on the ATV of your choice. Lets face it, the selection and prices on eBay are some of the best around for ATVs for sale.
What to look for in a ATV listing on eBay:
- Look for ads with pictures only and look at ALL of the pictures.
- Read ALL the ad information.
- Check the sellers feedback – Click on the name of the seller on the right, you will see “Meet the Seller” and the number of feedbacks. Check not only if the seller has good feedback but how many, how many from selling?
- Check how long the seller has been a member of eBay.
- Send an email to the seller. Ask about title, papers, and any damages.
- Where is the seller and the ATV located?
- Ask about the cost for shipping and crating the ATV for shipping.
Bidding on a ATV on eBay:
- Look to see if there is a reserve (minimum price). If there is you might bid and still not win the item!
- Know in your mind how much you are willing to spend for this ATV (Safe shipping, crating, insurance, etc.)
- Use in the search option in the Completed Listings section to see how much comparable ATVs have previously sold for on eBay.
- Log-in and place your bid. Start with a low bid then go back later to bid higher if necessary. If there are other bids, bid a little more until you reach the maximum amount you are willing to pay.
- Monitor the auction until the end time.
You Won the Bid for an ATV on eBay
- Ask the seller how they want to get paid.
- Offer to pay a deposit with PayPal at the end of the auction. Then try to meet the seller if possible to pay the balance with cash or cashier-check after inspecting the ATV and verifying the VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) with the Title. You should have the printed out eBay listing to help with the inspection.
- If meeting the seller is not possible, ask the seller if they come near your area? Think of friends that live in the sellers town that could inspect the ATV for you.
This information is provided only as a guideline. It is the buyers responsibility to verify all information regarding eBay purchases, Repossessed ATV Auctions or any other source that has ATVs for sale. With the money you save you can properly equip your ATV with ATV accessories and camping gear for an exciting ATV camping adventure.